Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Himalayas is my mother. The tall peaks are her breasts. I have drunk milk from those breasts. I am entitled to her at all times. Peaks cannot be won by humans they are Natures puzzles. Living along with them is the only possibility that man has.
Tiger of the Snows the autobiography of Tenzing of Everest-tenzing norgay
Fortress Monasteries of the Himalayas Tibet, Ladakh, nepal and Bhutan Peter Harrisson
This post is based on an essay written in Tamil by author S.Ramakrishnan in his book
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 by Anandarajeshwaran.J · 0
Thursday, December 26, 2013
Fear not what is not real, never was and never will be. What is real, always was and cannot be destroyed."
The Bhagavad Gita
எது நடந்ததோ, அது நன்றாகவே நடந்தது
எது நடக்கிறதோ, அது நன்றாகவே நடக்கிறது.
எது நடக்க இருக்கிறதோ, அதுவும் நன்றாகவே நடக்கும்.
உன்னுடையதை எதை இழந்தாய். எதற்காக நீ அழுகிறாய்?
எதை நீ கொண்டு வந்தாய் அதை நீ இழப்பதற்கு?
எதை நீ படைத்திருந்தாய், அது வீணாவதற்கு?
எதை நீ எடுத்துக் கொண்டாயோ , அது இங்கு இருந்தே எடுக்கப்பட்டது.
எதை கொடுத்தாயோ, அது இங்கேயே கொடுக்கபட்டது.
எது இன்று உன்னுடையதோ அது நாளை மற்றொருவருடையதாகிறது.
மற்றொருநாள் அது வேறு ஒருவருடையதாகிறது
இதுவே உலக நியதியாகும்
எனது படைப்பின் சாராம்சம் ஆகும்
what happened was always for your good
what happens is happening for your good
what is about to happen is for your good
why are you crying? what have you lost?
what did you bring to this world to lose it?
what did you create to see it destroy?
what ever you own was all taken from here
what ever you gave was given here itself
what is yours today will be some one else's tomorrow
the day afterr it is some one else's
this is the way the world operates
and the summary of my creation
Thursday, December 26, 2013 by Anandarajeshwaran.J · 0
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
The Master said, "Wait."
Each year the disciple would return with the same request and each time the Master would give him the same reply, "Wait."
One day he said to Master, "When will I be ready to teach?"
Said the Master, "When your excessive eagerness to teach has left you."
People speak of doing good to the world. Is the world such a small thing?
And who are you to do good to the world?
First realize God, see him by means of spiritual discipline.
If he imparts power, then you can do good to others, otherwise not.
Wednesday, July 31, 2013 by Anandarajeshwaran.J · 0
Friday, February 22, 2013
Friday, February 22, 2013 by Anandarajeshwaran.J · 0
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Tuesday, January 1, 2013 by Anandarajeshwaran.J · 0
Saturday, December 15, 2012
The other day I was speaking with a colleague and happened to mention that I have a Kindle e-reader(Kindle Keyboard) at home. He had never heard about this device before. Then I explained him what it is. He googled for it and learnt what the device is for and got the price of the device.
He was surprised to see that I have purchased a dedicated ebook reader at 179$[Kindle paper white 3G 179$] when I can get a full blown tablet [Kindle fire HD $199] for about the same price.
So I explained him how a Kindle e-reader beats tablets. Thought like sharing it with others so it might help someone decide should he buy a e-reader or a tablet.
Where does an e-reader score over a tablet?First thing you should understand is E-readers and Tablets are not same, they serve entirely different purposes. A tablet can do "n" number of things but a E-reader does only one thing and it does that "100" times better than a tablet.
What does it do and how does it do it better than a tablet?You can read a book on an E-Reader. Yes for that price it does only this[you have cheaper versions starting from 69$ also].
But it does that one thing perfectly
- It exactly replicates the feel of a physical book. You never feel like you are holding a gadget.
- You can read for hours together without getting your eyes strained or your batteries running out. E-ink technology is so light on your eyes. It runs for so long on a single charge I usually forget what was the last time I charged my kindle.
- Its inbuilt dictionary is a perfect companion for an avid book reader. No need to carry a bulky dictionary along especially while reading classics available at Project Gutenberg
Who is it for?
- It is for the avid book reader who reads a lot [minimum one book a month].
- It is a very good tool to introduce children (8+ years) to the habit of reading. It does not distract you like a tablet. Disconnect the WiFi and you are on your way to distraction free wonderland.
Who is it not for?
Cons of an E-reader?
- You should be reading content formatted specifically for your device[there are tons of content available for Kindle] or you will end up with frustration. Novels and Newspapers fit best for this category. Magazines don't fit or look nice on an E-reader. There are tools to convert your media to fit your device.
Recommended E-reader?Though I have used the generic term E-reader I am an Amazon fan boy. So my recommendation is for KIndle
for Adults Kindle paperwhite 119$ - I am not a great fan of 3G
for Children Kindle - without touch
Hope I helped you in making a informed decision this gifting season.
Saturday, December 15, 2012 by Anandarajeshwaran.J · 0
Sunday, May 6, 2012
- Less Talk, More Action
- Don’t Procrastinate
- Be Prepared
- Don't Fight Change
- Get Moving
- Avoid Busywork
- Give Yourself Permission to Make Mistakes
- Act Quickly on Opportunities
- Continue to Grow
- Keep Going
- Know Yourself
- Don’t Self-Sabotage
- Don’t Give Up
- Wise Up
the credit goes to this post
Sunday, May 6, 2012 by Anandarajeshwaran.J · 0